Best used diesal family car for economy (mpg) and comfort

Best used diesal family car for economy (mpg) and comfort

SteveG
Hi all, I am looking for a used car at around the £7k to £11k mark for driving around 100 miles a day, i am currenly looking at a used passat, honda or mondeo, what are every bodies thoughts please?
Bob

Re: Best used diesal family car for economy (mpg) and comfort

Bob
Ive had a 2005 1.6 TDCI focus for 3 years and it has the engine from the PSA group (Peugeot/Citreon), it has a good sized boot and returns 50 -56 mpg, I do a fair bit of motorway driving.

Hope that helps.