2005 Mercedes E350 petrol mpg

muj200
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea of the real world mpg returned by the E350 petrol? I'm not sure if the 2005 E class was fitted with the CGI engine which according to MB manages to get a few miles extra out of every gallon. I only do around 6k pa so was wondering if I could get away with a silky smooth V6 petrol rather than join everyone else and get the E280/320 CDI. The cost between the cars i'm looking at is a few hundred quid - the petrol being the more costly.

I know there are some big figures banded about for the E class diesel's but i'm thinking around town and the combined mpg won't be poles apart.

Thanks very much.

Muj.